Thursday, October 9, 2025

Sound Projects



During our lessons and videos, I learned how important different types of audio are. For example, background audio sets the mood, the main audio gives the plot for the story, and the extra sounds can change the emotion. So, the right mix of sounds can help the audience understand what is happening.


For the first sound project, we had to brainstorm a short scene that was 1 to 2 minutes in which could be understood using only audio and a few words. Also, we had to be creative because we could not use a simple idea like a robbery for example.


When brainstorming, we imagined how the scene would happen, and what sounds we could use to match the story we made. Also thought about what background noises would make the scene sound realistic and what sounds would tell the audience what is going on.


After that, we created an outline to organize all of the sounds. The outline made it a lot easier to plan and later edit the project since I already knew which sounds belonged where. When I started editing, I used Premiere Pro, I am certified and comfortable using it, so it helped me layer and adjust the audio smoothly.


I also recorded four sounds myself on a using random objects to create realistic effects. That part was fun, I got to experiment and see how small sounds could make a big difference.


I think I did a good job finding the right sound effects and making the story clear while only using audio. But, next time I’d like to add background music to create more emotion.

First Sound Project 





The second project was connected to our One Word Film, where we focused on sound design to strengthen the message behind our assigned word. My partner and I reviewed the film and made a list of all the sounds that would naturally occur in the scenes. We also had to edit this project separately from each other.


We then built an outline similar to the first project to stay organized. This helped a lot when editing because we already knew what to record or find online. Then I found environmental sounds, background noise, and some extra effects to build the right mood for the film.


Again, I used Premiere Pro for editing. I think I did well making everything blend naturally, especially with the ambient sounds. If I were to improve something, I’d probably spend more time experimenting with timing and volume levels to make the emotions hit harder, also using short “stings” to grab attention.

Second Sound Project



Both projects helped me realize how much sound can tell a story on its own. Whether it is the background audio that sets the mood or the effects in which I made myself that make the film feel real, every layer matters. These projects taught me to pay closer attention to audio in films and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCRs

Film Opening :  Film Opening Link CCR #1 Questions 1 & 2 ( Sebastian Fernandez de Gaeo and Alejandro Gonzalez helped me make the CCR #1)...