Wednesday, January 28, 2026
Improvement on Film Opening Outline
Since my previous blog update, I have reduced my first outline of the film opening into what we will probably use as an outline for the film opening scene. My first outline had so many ideas that it ended up being way too long and would not realistically fit within the time frame. In order to make sure the project is not at lot longer than 2 minutes, I have redone the start of the story to give the character, genre and tone, an better representation of where the story will go.
I made a big change by concentrating on the story’s set up rather than describing too much of the hole story. I removed a lot of other major components from my original outline to focus on introducing Paulie, his personality, and the comical car culture in which he is part of. I also rewrote the beginning so that it was not as slow so it would feel more like a natural pace for a film opening.
I made a condensed script outline of the complete opening scene and I added timestamps, so I have a reference for how long the opening is and to know where I need to cut things later as well as when I may be able to adjust moments to make sure it fits the time limit.
Outline Idea condensed:
Credits (15 sec)
Paulie (Main character) buys new car performance parts from the black market (he talks to a car part dealer whose name is Mr. Clutch) ( 20 sec).Paulie closing the hood of the car showing that he has installed the part ( 5 sec). Then he is on the way to the car meet/race spot ( 10 sec) . Once he gets to the car meet/ race spot, he finds Jay this cocky guy with a 1999 Porche Boxter. When Paulie parks Jay comes up to him asking what's under da hood (15 sec). Then we say some goofy names for the car pats instead of the actual names (20 sec). Then they get ready to race, and Paulie stalls his car and looking dumb(15 sec).
This version of the outline is a lot more realistic for the project. It establishes the comedy genre, main character, and car theme. In further updates I will continue to improve the scenes, possibly cut even more time or add more stuff if possible, and work to keep the film opening from feeling too rushed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Film Opening & CCRs
Film Opening : Film Opening Link CCR #1 Questions 1 & 2 ( Sebastian Fernandez de Gaeo and Alejandro Gonzalez helped me make the CCR #1)...
-
For this project, we were asked to create film based on one single word. We could only use the videos we shot and editing to show the feelin...
-
Film Opening : Film Opening Link CCR #1 Questions 1 & 2 ( Sebastian Fernandez de Gaeo and Alejandro Gonzalez helped me make the CCR #1)...
No comments:
Post a Comment